I do not recommend this hotel
Let's start by saying I would not recommend this resort but that is also due to a very unfortunate experience I had with drug dealers on the resort.
Let me explain by giving pros and cons.
• The resort as a whole is gorgeous. Can't say enough about the décor
• Rooms are big, shower is AMAZING and well decorated
• The food was fantastic. The Valley and the YOLO were our favorites
• The workers, for the most part, were friendly
• Beach is beautiful and water is stunning. (Winds were 40-65 km gusts but that is out of our control)
• Waterpark is wonderful but very far from beach.
• Check-in was confusing. Nothing clearly stated the different levels of check-in. I asked and was checked in at the Unique lobby(Unique/Adult/Reg)
• Unique has it's own lobby area to check in, there is an adults only club but no one knew what it was for when we asked the staff but there was a sign stating adult check in to the left when we got off the transfer bus.
• Massive lounge chair issue on the beach and around the pools. Most loungers were taken by 8am. Ppl were removing guests personal belongings and throwing them every and anywhere they felt when the original occupants were in the water swimming or gone for a drink at the beach bar. There were altercations on the beach a few times regarding chairs. There are people who stay in the Lopesan villas who have access to the beach and the resort chairs and have a roped off area to the left of the resort by the market. It was just …….. bad. Unique has it's own section but is barely used taking chair access away from everyone else but you can't take loungers from their section. Unique side was mostly ALWAYS empty yet they wouldn't serve anyone other than Unique members.
• The rooms were not stocked consistently. One day the maid took our towels/face cloths and didn't give us any in return so we had to hand in our beach towels daily to be used as shower towels to get cleaned up, no coffee restock, there was blood on our sheets and pillow case, the toilet wasn't cleaned. I approached the maid a few different times for items missing but she had no idea what I was trying to say. I had to start leaving notes in the room written in Spanish translation on what I requested in the room to be refilled. I wasn't asking anything extra, just the essentials.
• The resort is lacking garbage cans which created litter all over the resort. This is not a resort worker issue it is the guests not respecting the property at all.
• Some areas are vey unsafe, adults only pool in particular. There are spaces between tiles with a 2 foot drop in between them. One lady fell through and broke her leg and a different man slipped and his leg went through the space to receive a HUGE gash bleeding everywhere. The staff didn't clean the blood up. The people staying at the resort had to get cups, fill with water to clean the blood by splashing water on it into the water feature.
• The bathrooms around the resort were very untidy and many not working. There was used toilet paper on the floor in the rest room stalls, no soap/toilet paper or hand towel to dry.
• The rooms were very wet. I understand the Caribbean and humidity but they could definitely use some dehumidifiers around the resort. It was very very smelly in areas, especially the lobby bar, to the point where we sometimes gagged and had to leave the area.
• If guests are looking for pool or beach service there is none to be had so I recommend taking a BIG bubba to not get up every 5 minutes.
• El a carte times were terrible and the restaurants are very small, not enough space for the amount of people staying at the resort.
• Not much for activities around the resort (no tennis/basketball/etc.)
• Nothing for entertainment
Now the worst part of it all. ***4 days of hell*** COCAINE DRUG DEALERS. (this is long)
The second night we were at the resort I was approached by a man in the adults only pool area asking if I smoke weed and would I like any, I said no. He then asked if I would like to do a line (cocaine) with him. I became very uncomfortable said no I don't do that and tried to turn away and ignore him. He then proceeded to ask if my friends did. I said no sorry, not our thing. He eventually went to his friend who was at the bar. My friend went to the bar for a drink and was approached by the guys friend asking if she wanted anything. We were very uncomfortable and left.
The next day, in the adults section again, the same men came into the area. You could tell something wasn't right as the bartenders were acting very strange, intimidated. 2 of the women bartenders went behind the bar with one of the guys selling drug and eventually came back and placed something behind the bar. I'm not sure what it was.
The next day, there was a commotion, altercation with these same men at the beach bar. This is when I realized one of the men was not wearing a bracelet and the other had on a regular bracelet (white not red), not the adults only. This confused me as how did he get into the adults section if there was no bracelet and the other bracelet was incorrect when security was clearly checking bands when we tried to enter the area. We started paying attention and noticed throughout the resort these men were speaking to many of the security guards and staff and when they approached a bar, the bartenders immediately would tend to them first. That same night, I was walking back to my room when one of the guys was following me in the hall on the 2nd floor. I was watching a hockey game on my ipad as I was walking to my room but could feel someone approaching and talking to me so I paused my ipad, turned around and told the guy I was not interested in what he had. I noticed there was a older couple ahead and told the guy I needed to catch up to the people ahead of us. They must have noticed I was in distress so they stopped to wait for me. They asked if I was in trouble, I said yes, the lady put her arm out so I was ahead of them creating space between me and the guy. (all of this would be on tape because of surveillance) We continued toward the elevator with the man still following us. Meanwhile he was saying racial slurs and being extremely rude. He was clearly under the influence of something, he was holding a beer in his hand. We reach the elevator and he gets in with the 3 of us. In the elevator he was getting up in the mans face making threats. We reached the 3rd floor where the guy got out continuing to yell at us calling us racists and such. The door finally closes and we proceed to my floor (4th) as they didn't want to leave me alone. The man said we was going to call security but I gave them information about the drugs offers and the fact we saw them speaking with security so I was scared to call them just in case they were in cahoots, gave my room number and they come to get me. (yes, I was terrified) We seen them the next day but avoided at every cost. I was so scared and have never had that feeling in my life.
The second last night we were in the Valley restaurant and while getting drinks made we noticed the bartender passing something to a gentleman. Within minutes of that exchange, that same bartender asked if we wanted cocaine. I'm not sure what kind of operation this is or if this is normal for this country but I am very hesitant to return.